Sunday, December 6, 2009

dog sleds seem like a good option

As I wrote on my facebook page, I've got enough material just about our trip over for a play or a book. We haven't even made it to Vlad yet. The weather turned nasty and snowy so we were redirected to a town north of vlad. we spent several hours at the airport, then got sent to a hotel for the night. now we have been told for the fourth time, first at 8:30AM, then 12:00, then 4:00, then this time at 8:00PM, to show up in the hotel lobby and a van will come get us and take us to the airport. Each time they send us back up with a new promise of an imminent departure.

It has been snowing since we went to bed last night, now all day too. At least eight inches so far. Cameron has been loving it. We went out for his first snowball fight and we made snow ice cream with the snow off the ledge of our window. Its really very pretty but terribly cold. We planned on buying snow boots when we got here since there isn't much of a selection of snow boots in the stores in Mobile for some reason. We really could use a pair right about now.

I've got a few hours before our next muster down in the lobby so I'm gonna try to download some pictures off the camera and try to organize all the many topics to plan on for future entries.

While Im at it- a little housekeeping.....

I've already been told that I have some typos in here. If anybody knows how to turn on the spell check on these entries chime in. I've been told before that I am a good writer, never have I been told that Im a good speller.

Also, it appears that in my first blog entry I mentioned that I am 44 years old. That is completely untrue. I must've been feeling sprightly that day. Truth is, I'm fourty six now, but after almost four days in the same clothes, no razor and only about ten hours sleep, I'm feeling about sixty six. My bad.

Finally , and worst of all, I mentioned that Ray had volunteered to drive us to New Orleans to drop us off Wednesday. I was vigorously corrected by Rays wonderful wife Janet, on this fact. Janet pointed out that it was in fact she, after a couple of glasses of wine, who volunteered BOTH of them to drive us, and Ray was too much of a gentleman to go back on the promise.  Mea Culpa. We do want to thank them both for the two and a half hour trip over and back on our behalf.

4 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you,finally.Seems like you've been gone an awfully long time only to hear that you haven't even arrived yet! Guess your getting a true "welcome to Siberia" in December...try to stay warm. Can't wait to hear more details. Thanks for reminding our friends that Janet will agree to most anything after a few glasses of wine!! See ya on Christmas Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update Scott. So sorry for the travel delays. Tell Leanna and Cameron hello for us and to try and stay warm.

    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "hurry up and wait" doesn't sound like fun. I'm glad to hear the snow is keeping Cameron entertained!

    If you use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer, you'll get automatic spell checking as you type your posts. Right click on words underlined in red for spelling suggestions. If you're interested, you can download it here:

    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/products/firefox/

    Typos or not, thanks for keeping us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scott, Enough about snow. What about Anya? Love to all.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete

comments will be reviewed for content before posting